Get acquainted with Soapdom.com and our Inside the Bubble features at New to Soapdom. Those who were registered before are registered at Soapdom.com but some privileges may have changed. Check what FREE registration means at Soapdom.com in the New to Soapdom section.It's our pleasure to take you way, way down inside the bubble at Soapdom.com. Where soap operas rule!
Hi Suds Buds:
Well, the summer is off to a big start. Did you all enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend? Aside from it being rather overcast and dreary here in sunny southern CA for Saturday and Sunday, Monday finally broke through as a beautiful day.
Unfortunately, yours truly suffered through most of the weekend with a tooth ache! After seeing my dentist the Thursday prior, I began feeling some discomfort near the dental work on Saturday morning. Figuring it was nothing and I could shake it off, I popped an Advil and set about my day. But as you know, the best laid plans and all that, by Sunday night I was in excruciating pain. And it was the 3-day holiday weekend! My dentist, who usually has an emergency back up in place, didn’t have it this weekend, and I was in aching pain. Finally got to see him first thing Tuesday AM and do you know what the trouble was? He had reapplied a temporary crown and some of the cement was loose and it inflamed my gums. Ouch. After a few quick strokes with his dental instrument this AM, I am now feeling much better.
Lesson to learn:
1) Always make sure your dentist and doctors have back up emergency contact info before long holidays.
2) Also make sure that the dentist cleans out all extraneous cement before you leave the office after your initial visit.
What would happen if Marlena on Days had a tooth ache? Or, Reva on Guiding Light? Has any soap character ever experienced such a mundane annoyance of pain? Not that I can recall. At least, plied with pain killers, I got to sit in front of the TV all day on Monday and flick between all of my favorite soaps. From the fire comes the glory!
Speaking of my favorite soaps, this is the last week to vote in the 4th Annual Soapdom Cybby Awards. Don’t forget to cast your ballot. And there are big doings in Los Angeles for fans of Days of our Lives, All My Children and One Life to Live this coming weekend. Be sure to check Soapdom’s Seeing Stars for all the details on fan gatherings. And watch for Soapdom's complete coverage of the Daytime Emmys online soon!
Coming SOON to Soapdom.com
- Our exclusive interview with Jackie Zeman (Bobbie, GH) on her role as spokesperson for the AHA’s “Power of Love” campaign, her role on GH, her first encounter with nuLucky, Greg Vaughan, and saying good-bye to former Lucky, Jacob Young.
- Our exclusive interview with Greg Vaughan, (nuLucky, GH).
- Our exclusive interview with Northwest Afternoon’s Cindi Rinehart and more! Stay tuned.
Til the top of next week,
CEO, Soapdom, Inc.
|< Prev||Next >|