Get acquainted with Soapdom.com and our Inside the Bubble features at New to Soapdom. Those who were registered before are registered at Soapdom.com but some privileges may have changed. Check what FREE registration means at Soapdom.com in the New to Soapdom section.It's our pleasure to take you way, way down inside the bubble at Soapdom.com. Where soap operas rule!
Dear Suds Buds,
The Golden Globes. The Grammies. The NAACP Image Awards. The DGA Awards. The SAG Awards. The Boomerangs. The Daytime Emmys and our personal favorite, the Soapdom Cybby Awards! It’s Awards season and those who work in soaps are gearing up.
Recently released was the list of the Pre-Screened Nominations for the Daytime Emmys. Soapdom received a number of emails commenting on those chosen. We published one such letter in the Your Letters column. Remember, this pre-screened list is not the final. There will be another round of voting by a select panel of judges both in New York and Los Angeles who will pick the final nominees from the pre-screened list.
The Daytime Emmy procedure for nominating has come under fire in recent years. It seems that no one is ever happy with the way the nominations are derived. This year there are a few changes.
New this year --
Daytime drama and writer categories were added to the pre-screened voting and in-home voting takes the place of panel voting for the winners. It’s a fairly complex process. Here’s how it shapes up:
Procedures for Drama Series, Drama Series Performers, Writers and Directors
Drama Series, Directors and Writers
1. Entry forms must be submitted.
2. One hour programs will submit one episode and half hour programs will submit two episodes.
3. Each entry will provide a 100 word summary of the events leading up to, as well as, events leading out of the submitted episode(s).
4. Submitted episodes will be pre-screened by specially assembled panels in New York and Los Angeles to determine the nominees.
Performers for a Drama Series
1. Performers will submit an entry form.
2. NATAS (the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences) will provide each qualified, registered voter with a ballot of eligible entrants from their show (and their show only) in each of the Performer categories.
3. Performer categories will be voted upon by qualified, registered Performers, Directors and Emmy eligible Producers from their individual show only.
4. Ballots will be signed by the individual and returned to the accounting firm.
5. The accounting firm will tabulate the votes and the two entrants per category, per show to receive the most votes will move onto specially assembled prescreen panels in New York and Los Angeles to determine the final nominees.
Each show will be allowed to have an equal number of voters on the pre-screen panels. (This number will be determined by the Academy after voter registration.) The remainder of the panel will be comprised of qualified voters from the Academys’ respective peer groups.
The program, performers, writers and directors who receive the most votes at the pre-screen panels will become the nominees and will move on to At-Home Judging.
How are the winners chosen?
Emmy winners are chosen from the list of nominees through At-Home Judging. Each category will be viewed at home by peers who are chosen from the memberships of NATAS and ATAS. The judges may not have any conflict of interest with any of the nominated achievements screened. Judges must view the nominated achievement in its entirety.
Panelists vote in secret and are instructed in accordance with the guidelines established by the certified public accountants retained by NATAS. We see the winners announced on the 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards this coming May.
For a list of the Pre-Screened Nominees, click here! The nominees for the official ballot will be announced on Thursday, March 4 on NBC’s Today Show.
Speaking of Awards, be sure to check out Soapdom’s 4th Annual Daytime Cybby Awards Winners! The 4th Annual Daytime Cybby Awards are based, in part, on the Daytime Emmy's from 2003. Then, stay tuned to Soapdom for the nominating to begin in the 5th Annual Daytime Cybby Awards Fun Categories coming to Soapdom.com next week!
Member Tip: Please select a favorite soap in your member profile. If you are about to register or subscribe, just select your favorite soap during the registration/subscription process. If you are already a registered or subscribed member, log in to Soapdom. Then, look for the “Member Profile” tab on the left of the page, AFTER log in. (You will only see the Member Profile tab after you’ve logged in.) Open Member Profile and click “edit profile settings.” Select your favorite soap.
In fact, everyone -- registered and subscribed members and new members alike -- should select a favorite soap in your member profile. If you are a fan of more than one soap, choose the one that you enjoy the most. We will be offering more promotions for the various soaps, and if you tell us what your favorite soap is in your member profile, you will be notified about future show-specific promotions before anyone else!
Til the top of next week,
CEO, Soapdom, Inc.
|< Prev||Next >|