B&B Wins 7 out of 10 Golden Boomerangs
At the Australian Soap Awards ceremony held at the Four Seasons Hotel on Friday, January 30, 2004, the Bold and the Beautiful squashed their competition taking home seven out of ten Golden Boomerangs. The awards included the following:
- Most Popular Show, The Bold and the Beautiful
- Most Popular Male Star, Ronn Moss in the role of Ridge Forrester
- Most Popular Female Star, Katherine Kelly Lang in the role of Brooke Logan
- Most Popular Younger Female Star, Jennifer Finnigan in the role of Bridget Forrester
- Most Popular Supporting Female Star, Darlene Conley in the role of Sally Spectra
- Most Popular Storyline, Ridge/Bridget/Brooke Love Triangle
- Most Popular Couple, Ridge and Brooke (Ronn Moss and Katherine Kelly Lang)
The awards dinner was created and produced by the weekly Australian magazine, TV Soap, published by Horwitz Publications in Sydney, Australia. The winners are selected by popular vote by the readers of the magazine. Considered in the competition were episodes of American dramatic serials that aired in Australia in 2003.
Presenters for The Bold and the Beautiful were Jennifer Finnigan, Winsor Harmon, Ronn Moss, Sean Kanan, Joseph Mascolo, and Adrienne Frantz.
It was a big night to celebrate for The Bold and the Beautiful: Executive Producer and Head Writer Bradley Bell accepted two statues for Best Storyline and Best Show. Adrienne Frantz presented Ronn Moss with his Most Popular Actor Award. Jennifer Finnigan and Sean Kanan presented Darlene Conley with her Supporting Female Star Statue.
Katherine Kelly Lang was unable to attend, but accepting for her were all of the actors who had played her character Brooke Logan’s ex-husbands or lovers: John McCook, Winsor Harmon, Ronn Moss, and Sean Kanan, who pretended to argue over who had more right to accept the award.
In Australia, where it receives a 33 share, B&B is called "the MTV show," garnering the key youth demographic in its late afternoon time slot.
The Bold and the Beautiful is viewed every day by millions of people in over 100 countries making it the most watched dramatic serial in the world.
|< Prev||Next >|