ABC's Most Memorable Momments aired Monday, May 19, 2003 in 3-hr Broadcast
Soap Stars Shine on the Red Carpet
Photo Gallery Click Here
Featuring Appearances by Susan Lucci, John Travolta, Oprah Winfrey, Tim Allen, Muhammad Ali, Damon Wayans and Jennifer Garner, and many others, the ABC Television Network is commemorating its 50 historic years of television in a memorable three-hour special celebration. The event features appearances, clips and interviews with ABC stars past and present - from Primetime to Daytime, Sports to News - representing every genre of ABC's 50-year history of television programming. "ABC's 50th Anniversary Celebration" will air MONDAY, MAY 19 (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Dozens of celebrities from ABC's 50-year history participated in the celebration, including Muhammad Ali, Tim Allen, Jim Belushi, Drew Carey, Richard Chamberlain, Dick Clark, Peter Falk, Farrah Fawcett, Dennis Franz, Jennifer Garner, Florence Henderson, Bonnie Hunt, Jimmy Kimmel, Carl Lewis, George Lopez, Susan Lucci, Joan Lunden, John Madden, Camryn Manheim, Penny Marshall, Al Michaels, Joe Namath, Ryan O'Neal, John Ritter, Roseanne, John Travolta, Barbara Walters, Damon Wayans, Jaleel White, Clarence Williams III, Oprah Winfrey and Henry Winkler, among many, many others.
Highlights of the celebration will include:
* Cast reunions from ABC's most beloved series, including "Welcome Back Kotter," "Happy Days," "Laverne & Shirley," "The Love Boat," "The Mod Squad" and "NYPD Blue," among others.
* Fifty years of historic news events presented by such ABC news figures as Barbara Walters, Hugh Downs, Diane Sawyer, Peter Jennings, Ted Koppel, Charles Gibson, Joan Lunden, David Hartman and others.
* Unforgettable moments and tributes from the world of sports, including appearances by legendary sports figures like heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, football All-Star great Joe Namath, sports announcers Al Michaels, John Madden and Jim McKay, Olympic gold medalists Carl Lewis and Dorothy Hamill and many others.
* Oprah Winfrey and Richard Chamberlain present unforgettable scenes from ABC's most acclaimed movies and miniseries.
* Clips from ABC's favorite comedy and drama series past and present.
The special was conceived and is executive-produced by Don Mischer, directed by Glenn Weiss and written by Dave Boone, Brian Brown, Sara Lukinson, Jon Macks, Stephen Pouliot and Jeff Stilson. "ABC's 50th Anniversary Celebration" is from Don Mischer Productions. The star-studded affair was held in Hollywood, California at an earler date.
|< Prev||Next >|