Most of the time, I sit behind a desk buried in my computer, munching on whatever I can grab fast as I create content for my online BFFs here at Soapdom.com. But with summer on the horizon, I've decided to choose my snacks more wisely – like satisfying, non-fat Dannon Oikos® yogurt.
Thanks to tips from Dannon Oikos® and nationally recognized dietician Keri Glassman, I am starting on the right track to a more healthy summer, cos we all know that exercising, and maintaining a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle can be daunting. With the right tools, however, looking like a soap star can be as easy as picking up a spoon!
This spring, Keri Glassman and Dannon Oikos® are encouraging us all to 'Grab a Spoon 'til June' with rich and creamy 0% fat Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt to help us stay on track towards our goals while at the same time adding spice to the normal routine!
Like the sound of that? Slinky and I do, too!
Here are some of Keri's tips that I'll be using to get started. See something that hits home for you? Feel free to try a few of Keri's tips, too!
- Every Meal Is A "Monday Morning." Focus on eating better, one meal at a time. Otherwise it can be easy to get discouraged – forget the worry! Your only mission: Make the next meal you eat nutritious, balanced and satisfying.
- Don't Eat Around A Craving. Honor your craving with a conscious indulgence - take a few deep breaths and find a healthy alternative! Try satisfying your sweet tooth with Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt, it is nutritious but still has an incredible taste.
- No-Excuses Exercise. Sometimes the biggest barrier to working out is just getting there so a good option can be to make it as easy as possible—throw in a workout DVD or even going for a walk takes away excuses and gets you moving!
- Satisfying Proteins. A moderate-protein balanced diet with a reasonable amount of fiber, carbohydrates and the appropriate amount of healthy fats is the best way to maintain a healthy weight. Dairy is a great source of protein, try a creamy Greek nonfat yogurt like Dannon Oikos®--it has twice the protein of regular lowfat yogurt.
Dannon Oikos® is a creamy-thick nonfat yogurt, made through a traditional Greek straining process which makes it an excellent source of protein. Each cup of Dannon Oikos® contains twice the amount of protein of regular lowfat yogurt and 0% fat (with the exception of Dannon Traditional varieties).* Are you kidding me? Twice the protein and no fat -- that's great!
And get this! In a national taste test, Dannon Oikos 0% fat berry flavors were preferred 2 to 1 over Chobani’s strawberry and blueberry flavors.  Cool, right?
Here's what I want to know. How are you going to shake up your diet routine for summer? Tell me in the comments below. I'll read everyone's comments and select one lucky winner who will receive a signed copy of Keri Glassman’s new book Slim, Calm, Sexy Diet. So don't hold back!
And when it's snack time, don't forget to grab a spoon! That's what I'm doing.
For more tips, messages, advice, and recipes visit OikosYogurt.com and the Oikos Yogurt Facebook page.
*FYI -- Dannon Oikos® Greek Nonfat yogurt: 12 -14g Protein (24%DV), Regular lowfat yogurt: 5g protein (10%DV) per 5.3oz.
I have partnered with Dannon to help promote the Dannon Oikos Greek Grab a Spoon campaign. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes writing about the promotion and product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
 * Dannon Oikos Blueberry and Strawberry nonfat yogurts were preferred on taste to Chobani’s Blueberry and Strawberry nonfat yogurts in a national-paired taste test.